Sunday, September 24, 2006

Summer of '06

Ok...we're really not shirking our blogger duty, we just like to have a few months transpire before updating our blog. So, we'll start this post a couple months ago: July 4th.

Kaya loved the parade...probably because she was in it~!!! While "patiently" waiting for the horses to come (that's what Kaya was most excited to see), Cindy Richards (council woman for Provo) came by. She asked the driver to pull over so she could say hi to her friends Sherrie and Martina. While doing so, Nina brought Kaya up to Cindy's car to say hi, and the next thing we know, the car made a fast get-a-way with our daughter. Three years old and already wanting to be in a parade...we're in trouble!

Later that month, the Bigler family met up in the high Uinta mountains to hold our annual family reunion. It was so beautiful!!!
We camped right next a lake, swatted more flies than ever thought possible, ate delicious dutch oven meals, played on 4 wheelers, played games, orchestrated my Dad's new 5th wheel "taj mahal" trailer in a precarious camping spot, and otherwise had a ton of fun!

July also marked one of the saddest days of my life: softball season came to a close. I really those sacred months...

but am looking forward to more bruises next year, more double plays, more triples, and definitely a lot more wins.

During all this time, we were working with our remodel project. With the lava rock off the fireplace we could install the fireplace and begin framing around it. We also tore out the office wall and began framing the office and leveling the floor (it was 1.5 inches lower than the rest of the house floor, so we laid 2X4's sideways and put a 1/2 inch piece of plywood over those).
August sped by. After convincing Andrea to come help take care of Kaya, we flew with the Barkers to LA. It was a BLAST!!! After barely making to the Dodgers v. Giants game (our
minivan was on empty and the driver--Paul and navigator--Tasha, took us on a detour through ritzy Beverly Hills.) But I digress. We made it in the fourth inning, ate $50 of dinner, a most expensive heart attack meal consisting in 1 Dodger dog, 1 small pizza, 1 nacho, 1 bottled water, and 1 soda. Barry Bonds was just below us and was receiving the worst night of his life from the crowd (I actually felt a little simpathy for the man). Dodgers ended up winning and Paul went home crying...along with a rental minivan with a door that had been key'd (someone must have seen Paul with his Giants shirt on).
The beach was a riot.
Paul brought his skim boards and we tired ourselves out running up and down the beach trying to stylishly slide onto these slick boards and make a graceful attemt at riding the waves.

Kaya loved the beach too (although we have no proof of that because we only selfishly took pictures of us--we are terrible parents sometimes!!! :)

There's nothing like having In-n-Out on the beach, riding the waves, and just having a grand old time. Tasha and Andrea took a crack at the skim boards too.

We have video's of case anyone needs good blackmail clips. We also paid a visit to Tasha's aunt Jeanie.

She just adores Kaya. She fed us delicious pizza, and her favorite Haagen Dazs ice cream.

Kaya really liked playing with Jeannie's stuff, including her stuffed pillow.

While in LA, we went to the Acquarium. There were a lot of
sharks, sea lions,
sting rays (which were very slimy), and two very tired kiddies (Davis and Kaya).

While in LA, we visited Kaya's surgeon and took Kaya's BM program to the next level. We're glad to know people who have gone through exactly what we are.

I only show the next picture to remind us that during these summer months, the only other consistent occurence in our life, other than our constant remodel project in our house, was the constant remodel project on the left unit in our duplex. It caused me to leave some Owlz games early...a very sad day.

Then we went to the Tim and Faith concert.
I had a friend at Zions who sold us his floor tickets. It was fun to be so close.
...I thought football games were loud!!! People in SLC could have just
opened their windows to hear it.

Now you see I see you even better!!!

I had Lasik surgery in August and, after denying the offer for a calming drug (later I was wishing I took it)

Two weeks after Lasik, we headed to Colorado for a vacation at Navajo Lake (Colorado's version of Lake Powell, and in my opinion (even though Tasha thinks I'm crazy), a lot more fun). We camped next to the lake in "Cocaine Cove". The water was very refreshing, the kayaking was fun, the mud baths even funner, and iwth our neew 3 inch sleeping mattress, our sleep was fantastic! My goggles...are you laughing at my cool goggles? I had to wear them b/c my Lasik doctor told me not to leave the house without them.

As for Kaya...well, she liked playing in the water more without her swimsuit than with it on.

We couldn't resist another picture underneath another pine tree. :)

Last but not least, I leave you with the story of our life...and hopefully a chapter that will close soon.

We have the lighting in, the ceiling is half way textured, all the mudding and sheetrock is complete. So, next step is finighing the texturing, sanding and painting the ceiling, prepping and painting the walls, ripping up the carpet, laying wood floors and carpet...then we're finished for now. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!


ang said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i almost didn't click on your blog link (again) thinking, "it won't be updated, biglers never update...". but you really pulled through this time with TONS of updates and fun pics! you should update more often and maybe we'll invite you over for taco night and chocolate chip cookies again...

Pablo said...

Dude sweet pics on the beach! How HOT are we??? Dude as always sweet bruise! We'll get em back next year Dale Basura Blanca!

lucy said...

thanks for the update. love the work you've done on the house. i'm excited to see how it turns out. for updated pics and notes on the fam.