Sunday, May 20, 2007

Maleah Ella Bigler


Born: May 18, 2007
12:23 pm
American Fork Hospital
7 lbs 15 oz
18 inches

She is a chunky monkey...and has a lot of blonde hair. We know now what Kaya would have looked like if she doubled her weight at birth.


Tasha is my hero. She did awesome. The labor was primarily in Tasha's back, which required me to push on her sacrum (to create some counter-pressure and relief). Contractions began late Wednesday, and by Thursday afternoon they were consistent (10 min apart) and by Friday morning we were at the hospital at 7am with contractions about 5 min apart. 10:30am they had to break her water b/c the contractions weren't "strong" enough (I thought they were plenty strong). By noon, her contractions became very "strong" and 25 minutes of good pushing and Maleah arrived.

How did Kaya react? She is very hyper about having a little sister, and very fascinated with all her little features. Kaya thought we were having a boy, so when she found out we had a girl she said: "I didn't get my little brother...I think he's lost." Well, maybe next time. :)

Kaya is already being very motherly and helping with EVERYTHING!!! We have to give boundaries or she will completely maul her with love.


Oh, yeah, I had my time in the bed too. :) My take on this birthing experience is: 1. It is truly a miracle. 2. After pushing on Tasha's sacrum steadily for 9 hours, I felt like I went to the gym and never put the weights down. My arms and shoulders hurt so bad!! But, of course I couldn't say anything because what I had to endure was weak sauce, compared to my hero, Tasha.

Proud Grandpa Cusick

7 comments:

ang said...

Glad you found time to put the big news up! Maleah is beautiful and I still can't believe all that blonde hair!! Let us know if we can do anything. We love you guys and are so happy for you!!!

Julia said...

Oh my gosh! Maleah is so beautiful! Love the chubby cheeks! Can't wait till my little one comes out too!

Jess and Matt said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful and Kaya is the cutest big sis... Tasha looks great too. Love you guys!

B said...

Yeah! Congratulations! She is beautiful! That is so cute what Kaya said about her brother. Kids are funny with their expectations sometimes.

Kate said...

Congrats! She is darling and that hair is amazing! I've never seen such blonde hair on a baby! Was it a fun surprise to find out that she was a girl? I do hope so...

jules said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so glad she arrived. She is beuatiful! I am jealous of all the hair. Ours come at with just enough hair to say they aren't bald. Who knows, maybe these two will have more. Take it easy and enjoy these precious and all to fleeting times!! : ) Julie (Preboski) Just so you know who I am! : )

lucy said...

Congrats!! It's so much fun to read all the news. Keep it up.